Information on the Conwy County Public Records, Wales
The Old Board School
Telephone and Fax: (01492) 577550
Monday to Thursday from 10:00 to 12:30 and 13:30 to 16:30.
Due to staff training on Wednesday’s use this schedule:
• 27 March 2013
• 24 April 2013
• 5 June 2013
• 17 July 2013
• 28 August 2013
• 9 October 2013
• 20 November 2013
The Conwy Public Records office offers an online Archives Catalogue allowing searches of Conwy County Borough regional historical information including; written documents, volumes, analogue, plans, maps, photographs, digital records, video, sound recordings. The online catalogue is a work in progress, so if you cannot locate information please call them directly for assistance.
Records are comprised of documents produced by local governments, schools, religious bodies, private individuals, and local businesses. Administrative records of Conwy County Borough Council and its predecessor authorities are included.
C.A.R.N. Readers’ Ticket:
Conwy Archival Service is a part of the County Archival Research Network (C.A.R.N.) since April 2005. Anyone who wants to original documents will be required to obtain a C.A.R.N. Readers’ Ticket which is available at any participating Record Office. A valid identifying document, with your name and address on it such as a driver’s license or a utility bill in addition to a registration form will be required.
Llandudno War Memorials:
Taken from the original document, this information was transcribed by volunteers. The following memorials are available:
• Christchurch World War I Memorial
• Ebeneser Chapel Memorial
• English Presbyterian Church
• Inside the Ainon Welsh Baptist Chapel
• Inside the Annibynnol Chapel, Llandudno
• Inside the Bethania Chapel
• Inside the Holy Trinity Church
• Llandudno Cenotaph
• Llandudno Fire Station War Memorial
• Memorial to Pupils of Central School, Llandudno
* Penrhynside War Memorial
• Rehoboth M.C. Chapel Memorial
• Roll of Honour, Llandudno Library
• South African war memorial
• Tabarnacl Welsh Baptist Chapel
• Tan-Y-Bryn School
• Town Hall Llandudno South African War Memorial
• Y Rhyfel Mawr 1914-1919 Cofeb
• Ysgol John Bright, Llandudno
There is an array of services available, for a fee, including copying of documents, newspapers, digital images, photographs, microfilm. Research services are 25 pounds/hour which includes postage and copies; meeting rooms. All fees and charges can be found at: http://www.conwy.gov.uk/doc.asp?cat=8843&doc=28479
Publications for Sale:
There is a small selection of local history related books, booklets, postcards, maps and plans.